The current generation of the brand’s flagship Lincoln Navigator was without a doubt the turning point that showed us the profound transformation at the product level that was to come. Today, four years after its arrival on the market, the titanic SUV is updated with the aim of not giving ground to the increasingly intense competition.
Lincoln introduces a mid-life facelift for its gigantic Navigator, which for 2022 shows some very minor cosmetic updates, but hides a very robust list of convenience, connectivity, and safety equipment.
2022 Lincoln Navigator Design
Outside, the changes are barely perceptible; the grille is larger, the frame now extends below the license plate space, while at the rear, the skulls were redesigned to now offer 3D viewing.
Li2022 Lincoln Navigator Engine and Technical Specifications
Actually, in this section there are no changes, it maintains the already known V6 Ecoboost powertrain, and although it is a very powerful and capable power plant, it is somewhat disappointing that the brand has not been encouraged to incorporate the hybrid system that He already uses the Ford Lobo Hybrid.
- Engine – V6 3.5-liter Ecoboost
- Power – 440 hp
- Torque – 510 lb.-ft.
- Transmission – 10-speed Automatic
- Traction – 4WD
The adaptive suspension now has a feature that monitors the way to ensure a comfortable ride no matter the circumstances. In addition to using the steering, suspension, acceleration, and braking information, a camera monitors the road up to 500 times per second, with which the suspension can vary the setting up to 100 times per second and thus mitigate any impact that may cause discomfort.
The Navigator already offered all the luxury you could need, leather-covered seats, automatic independent zone climate, wood inserts, etc. However, that does not mean that you could not add things or improve the existing ones.
- Enhanced massage function for front seats
- 2nd row of seats with heating, cooling system, and massage program
- New 5.8-inch display in 2nd row to control climate, massage, and audio
- Revel Ultima audio system with 8 additional speakers (28 total)
- Improved exterior noise isolation
One of the aspects where we find more news is in that of connectivity, in addition to a larger screen, now there are updates from the cloud and the arrival of Amazon Alexa services.
- SYNC 4 infotainment system with remote updates
- Wireless compatibility with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- 13.2 ”central touch screen (previously 10”)
- Amazon Alexa virtual assistant integration
- 12 ”digital instrument cluster with a redesigned interface
- Lincoln Play with Amazon Fire TV for Entertainment System. You can watch Prime Video offline, in addition to listening to music and playing video games
Lincoln Navigator 2022: Safety
The great novelty is the incorporation of the Active Glide autonomous driving assistant (an evolution of the systems: ACC, lane-keeping, and signal recognition) that allows driving without the need for driver intervention on roads previously mapped by the navigation system. It works much like the Cadillac Super Cruise.
Currently, there are already more than 130,000 miles (210,000 km) of roads called Hands Free Blue Zone, where the driver will see in the cluster of instruments that the detected lanes light up in blue and that is where he can activate autonomous driving. It should be noted that a camera pointed at the driver will check at all times that he is paying attention to the road. That is to say, that recklessness of falling asleep while the car moves alone, will not be able to be replicated in the new Navigator 2022.
- Also Read; 2022 Ford Ranger
Additionally, the Co-Pilot360 2.0 ++ system now offers intersection assist, which detects when an oncoming car is about to turn, as well as an improved parking assist.