The Chinese cars are beginning to reach the European market and are increasingly closer to the tastes of the buyers of our markets. Xpeng, a Chinese brand that is growing a lot and that have its sights set on Europe for its models. And among those models, we find the Xpeng P5, which it has just presented and which will become one of the offers it offers in its country of origin. An electric family saloon that joins the G3 compact SUV and the P7 executive saloon.
The Xpeng P5 will have a length of 4.88 meters and is framed in the D segment. The interior space is ample and will allow the occupants of the rear seats to be comfortable. Although the platform on which this model is mounted allows all-wheel drive, at least at first it will only have front-wheel drive.
Xpeng P5 Engine and autonomy
The motor located on the front axle allows obtaining power of 155 kW, equivalent to 211 CV, and a maximum torque of 310 Nm. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h occurs in 7.5 seconds and reaches a top speed of 175 km / h. What it will offer will be a varied range of autonomy, with up to six variants that equate to different battery packs and different technological equipment.
The driving assistance system is made up of the XPILOT 2.5, XPILOT 3, and XPILOT 3.5. Each one has characteristics and the top of the range uses 32 sensors, including 12 ultrasonic sensors, 13 high-resolution cameras, radars, and 2 LiDARs. The level of equipment depends on what type of system uses each version.
- XPENG P5 460G: It will have a 55.9 kWh battery, with 460 km of autonomy in the NEDC and XPILOT 2.5 cycle. Its estimated autonomy in the WLTP cycle is 400 kilometers.
- XPENG P5 460E: Uses the same battery, but equips the XPILOT 3.0.
- XPENG 550G: The battery in this version has a capacity of 66.2 kWh and a range of 550 km NEDC, with 478 km in the WLPT cycle. Use the XPILOT 2.5.
- XPENG 550E: The battery and autonomy are identical to the previous one, but uses the XPILOT 3.0.
- XPENG 550P: This version uses the same battery pack, with the XPILOT 3.5.
- XPENG 600P: The top of the range uses a 71.4 kWh battery, with a range of 600 km NEDC and 522 km WLPT. It is the only one that equips the XPILOT 3.5.
In all variants, the battery can charge from 30 to 80% in 40 minutes.
Inside you can find infotainment and system controlled by a 15.6-inch screen, while the instrumentation screen is 12.3-inch in size. Other elements that can be enjoyed are a refrigerator in the rear seats and a large panoramic roof.
The front seats can be folded completely, facing the rear row. In this way, a rest space can be created and the possibility of having an inflatable mattress that would turn the entire interior space into a large bed is even announced.
The Xpeng P5 will begin its journey in China, although its commercialization in Europe will soon be announced, and it will join the brand’s catalog in our market, along with the G3 and P7.