Peugeot e-Partner debuts. Many are the brands that continue to promote and market light commercial vehicles; that is to say, small vans. Of course, these types of vehicles are also being adapted to the new times and, so much so, that more and more models are beginning to be seen fully electric. An example is this, the new Peugeot e-Partner.
The Peugeot model has always been in high demand, just like its first cousin the Citroën Berlingo. Now they are also the family of the Opel Combo – recently presented in its electric version – and the latest addition, the Toyota Proace City.
This new Peugeot e-Partner has many things in common with the Opel Combo e-Cargo that we met last week. They are traced vehicles in which practically only the logos change, slightly the front design, the steering wheel, some equipment details and little else … At the chassis and mechanical level they are nailed to each other.
The main characteristics of the electric model are that has up to 275 kilometers of autonomy with one charge, it is available in two lengths, also in two bodies (Van, 3 seats; and Double Cab, 5 seats), the towing capacity is up to 750 kilos, it has a payload of up to 800 kilos and the cargo volume is up to 4.4 cubic meters; as in the thermal variant.
It has a 50 kWh ion battery, which powers the electric motor of 100 kW (136 hp) and 260 Nm of torque. Its top speed is limited to 130 km / h, while the 0-100 can be covered in 11.2 seconds.
Two types of chargers On-board are available to respond to any type of use and to suit any customer recharging solution: as standard a 7.4 kW single-phase charger and optionally, an 11 kW three-phase charger.
The charging modes of the 50 kWh battery are flexible and adapt to every day-to-day situation. In this way, it can be charged in different ways both at home and at work or in public chargers:
- In a standard socket (8A), the recharge is completed in 31 h.
- With reinforced socket (16A), the recharge is completed in 15 h.
- In a 7.4 kW charging station: recharging is completed in 7.30 h with the single-phase on-board charger (7.4 kW).
- Using an 11 kW charging station: recharging is completed in 5 h with the on-board three-phase charger (11 kW).
- In a fast charger: the thermal regulation of the battery allows you to use chargers up to 100 kW and reach 80% of the charge in 30 minutes.
On the other hand, and already underway, it has various driving modes. In Echo we have 60 kW and 190 Nm, giving more importance to saving load. If we go to mode Normal develops 80 kW and 210 Nm, which is optimal for everyday use. Finally, the Power It gives those 100 kW and 260 Nm announced, coming in handy when we are heavily loaded. It also has two hold modes for charging battery, which are moderate and increased.
Equipment available in the Peugeot e-Partner
Upon arrival, the Peugeot e-Partner will be available with two trim levels, corresponding to the names of Pro and Premium. Some of the technologies and aids that you can bring are the following:
- Hands-free access and starting
- Induction charging of smartphones
- Advanced Grip Control with 5 levels of grip
- Hill start aid
- Visiopark 180 ° (reversing camera)
- Surround rear vision (control of the rear and side environment on the passenger side by projected images in a specific 5-inch space in the rear view mirror)
- Speed governor / limiter
- Notice of involuntary lane change
- Notice of risk of collision,
- Automatic emergency braking
- Driver attention alert
- Automatic switching from low beam to high beam
- Extended recognition of traffic signs with maximum speed warning
- Blind spot control system
- Stability control system for trailers
- Overload indicator